Proposed solar plant to store power in shipping container-sized batteries
Proponents of a $300-million solar battery power plant in outback South Australia believe they have enough backing to turn the plan into a reality.
- Large-scale batteries planned for stable power management
- Developers hope to begin construction in 2017
- SA has highest electricity prices in the country
The project in Roxby Downs would include about 800,000 solar panels connected to shipping container-sized batteries, which have the ability to manage and store power.
- World first Queensland dispatchable solar peaker clears connection hurdle
- Japanese giant JERA backs Lyon’s $150m Cape York battery power plant
- Statement – Framework Agreement with China Western Power
- Lyon Group, JERA, Fluence launch blockbuster grid battery alliance
- Lyon, JERA, Fluence partner for Asian roll out of utility-scale battery storage