Proposed solar plant to store power in shipping container-sized batteries
Proponents of a $300-million solar battery power plant in outback South Australia believe they have enough backing to turn the plan into a reality.
- Large-scale batteries planned for stable power management
- Developers hope to begin construction in 2017
- SA has highest electricity prices in the country
The project in Roxby Downs would include about 800,000 solar panels connected to shipping container-sized batteries, which have the ability to manage and store power.
- Statement – Framework Agreement with China Western Power
- Lyon, JERA, Fluence partner for Asian roll out of utility-scale battery storage
- Solar storage to beat gas peakers by early 2019: ESD
- Lyon Group launches innovative new offtake product, confirms full slate of development approvals and first connection agreement
- Lyon Group’s Riverland Solar Storage receives development approval