Lyon Solar, Mitsubishi in 1000MW solar battery plunge
Brisbane energy group Lyon Solar has enlisted Japanese giant Mitsubishi Corporation to bankroll a $2 billion solar and battery power program that could help prevent blackouts like the one that hit South Australia on Wednesday.
They plan to build 1000 megawatts of large scale solar power and storage batteries across Australia by 2020 in a world-leading program that will cost nearly $2 billion and could spawn a local battery assembly industry.
- World first Queensland dispatchable solar peaker clears connection hurdle
- Japanese giant JERA backs Lyon’s $150m Cape York battery power plant
- Statement – Framework Agreement with China Western Power
- Lyon Group, JERA, Fluence launch blockbuster grid battery alliance
- Lyon, JERA, Fluence partner for Asian roll out of utility-scale battery storage