Lyon Solar, Mitsubishi in 1000MW solar battery plunge
Brisbane energy group Lyon Solar has enlisted Japanese giant Mitsubishi Corporation to bankroll a $2 billion solar and battery power program that could help prevent blackouts like the one that hit South Australia on Wednesday.
They plan to build 1000 megawatts of large scale solar power and storage batteries across Australia by 2020 in a world-leading program that will cost nearly $2 billion and could spawn a local battery assembly industry.
- Statement – Framework Agreement with China Western Power
- Lyon, JERA, Fluence partner for Asian roll out of utility-scale battery storage
- Solar storage to beat gas peakers by early 2019: ESD
- Lyon Group launches innovative new offtake product, confirms full slate of development approvals and first connection agreement
- Lyon Group’s Riverland Solar Storage receives development approval