Australia’s largest battery storage project given green light
Australia’s largest battery storage project will be built in South Australia next year in a bid to help overcome intermittency problems that have plagued traditional wind and solar projects in the state.
The Lyon Group’s $400 million Kingfisher project near Roxby Downs will include a 100-megawatt solar power plant and a 100-megawatt battery storage unit – the size of a football field – which they claim will be able to store enough electricity to deal with a future breakdown in the Heywood interconnector between South Australia and Victoria.
- Statement – Framework Agreement with China Western Power
- Lyon, JERA, Fluence partner for Asian roll out of utility-scale battery storage
- Solar storage to beat gas peakers by early 2019: ESD
- Lyon Group launches innovative new offtake product, confirms full slate of development approvals and first connection agreement
- Lyon Group’s Riverland Solar Storage receives development approval